Wednesday, May 14

Adventures at Dusk

I decided to be adventurous tonight and take my daughter for a walk along the lake behind our apartment complex. I've been down there before, but have never really explored it too much. Zoey was my trailblazer, she plowed through branches, brush and reeds to find new places (or beaver homes to her 5 year old brain). I used the adventure as an opportunity to take some stylistic pictures. I chose to shoot in black and white and at high ISO (1600-3200) to give my photos a grainy, vintage look. After reviewing some of them on the camera, they look pretty good. I am usually not one to experiment, but tonight was an experiment for me. I was going to a high contrast, film-like look to my photos and I hope I succeeded (I think I did). I'll post my noteworthy shots on Flickr later.
The best part of the whole trip was how fearless my daughter was. As I said before, Zoey just pushed and climbed through the forest without fear or trepidation. She was excited and curious; a combination of emotions that I seldom feel anymore, but tonight, I felt them. I was bolstered by my daughters bravery and followed her without fear. We will have to do that again sometime.

No comments:

deviantART Recent Deviations